Sunday, April 11, 2010

Week 14 - Explore a Greenville Greenway...

I knew Greenville had greenways and knew one started near the Town Commons. This was about the extent of what I knew about Greenville greenways. A week or so ago a friend and I kind of stumbled on one. I didn't have my camera to document it, but I thought it was a really neat trail and so I went back today and explored a bit further. I've been really into exploring lately. It makes me feel cooler, I suppose. This greenway is the South Tar River Greenway. The starting point is at the historic Tar River bridge. Don't ask me the history, because I don't really know it. I had been to the bridge once or twice before, to the end of the bridge but not much past the end. This is probably why I never noticed the little green frogs that lead the way on the 1 mile trail. I ventured off the trail a bit and found this tree. I want to sit on that branch and read a book like Huck Finn, though I think I'd cry if I fell in the Tar River. After I walked the trail, I went back and ran it. I think this will be my new favorite running spot. It really is kind of lovely. Sometimes I forget to take time to notice the lovely things around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment