We decided we would work on the list when Sarah came to visit NC the last week in December but that we should start thinking ahead. Since the idea first came into play we've been sending and receiving random text messages with all these crazy/and not so crazy ideas. Shoot a gun, ride in a hot air balloon, eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich, change a tire, learn a joke in a foreign language, etc. Each idea I liked made it to a sticky note on my bedroom door. This past Wednesday night, Sarah and I took a little road trip to the lovely capital city for dinner and cider at Hibernian (a sweet Irish pub) to finish up our lists.
So here the adventure starts. I can't wait to see what I learn, how I grow or what does or doesn't happen in 2010.
Cheers!

I am really excited about this!!!
ReplyDelete(and which of you hasn't eaten a peanut butter & banana sandwich?!?!?)
This is me checking out your blog...k bye
ReplyDelete:)
oh...and i expect pictures for each and everyone of your adventures!
Let me get this straight... you made a list of things to do that you had never done before and now once a week you do something on this list, right? ok... this seems clear enough but one thing I really don't understand....
ReplyDeleteYOU DIDN"T ASK ME FOR AN AMAZING ADVENTURE IDEA?!?!?!?
W... T.... Effing....F?!? Do you have any idea how many good ideas I have that are on a list for ME to do that I would have shared/actually done with you??? I am demanding that a 53rd week be added, and this will take a lot of planning and prep work but.... we are going to start a RIOT! Full blown riot style... cars on fire, babies crying, people without enough sense to join in running and screaming in fear while other mass amounts of people (led by me and my riot partner Amanda) leave a wake of destruction behind them that will never be forgotten.
Personally this sounds like the best (learning?) experience ever even possibly afforded to anyone. Think about how alive you would feel while throwing the twisted metal remnants and of a school bus (devoured by a sea of raging Amanda followers) through the windows of..... EVERYTHING!
Let me know what you think :)
-Dustin Wright,
Riot Specialist
Dear Dusty - I just read this and all I can say is...this is so you!
ReplyDeleteI made a list with ideas on it. However, if something cool comes up that isn't on the list and I haven't done it before, it can count.
I appologize for not consulting you in the making of the list. I did make it in Raleigh of which you are a resident, what was I thinking?
I'm not sure if a riot will happen, as exciting as all that twisted metal throwing sounds, but I am open to other suggestions. :)
Hope to see you soon! As in the month of April. Make it happen.