Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 3 - Learn to Sew Something...

I have this great friend/second mom figure who is a talented sewer/quilter/supreme craftswoman. When I wrote sewing on my list, she was the first person that came to mind. I called last week to ask if we could get together and see if she would be willing to teach me the tricks of the sewing trade. She delightfully agreed and said she had the perfect project in mind...pillowcases!


The day started around 10:30 a.m. We went to the fabric store to pick out some fabrics. I, of course, wanted something that looked vintage and feminine and that's what I picked. We started pressing, pinning, cutting and stitching around noon, the finished project was hot off the press (no really, the ironing board) around 9 p.m. We did take a movie break and a dinner break. It's not really a process I can describe, unless you have a few hours to read. I'll just say this though, I have a great deal of respect for the skill it takes to craft with a needle and thread.



So behold, my couture pillowcases and a big thanks to my awesome teacher! Loved this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment